You can use Garage Band for Mac to filter the sounds of your recordings. Noise often occurs especially when recording real instruments and associated effects. In our guide you will learn how to filter out these noises.
Suppress disturbing noiseviat “Noise Gate”
With the help of “Noise Gate,” you can suppress the unpleasant sounds of your music recordings from real instruments. First, however, the solo track must be activated:
- Start Garageband on your Mac and select the guitar.
- Now press the music track to be edited, for example, the guitar track.
- On the left side, you will find a headphone sign next to the guitar icon. Click this icon to activate the solo track.
Set noise cancellation individually
Especially in the quieter phases of your guitar recordings, noises can occur, which you can filter with the help of the “Noise Gate”:
- Click the “i” button to enable track information (see picture).
- Now click on the “Edit” tab.
- Here you can find the “Noise Gate” effect. Select the button to the left of the image to activate the effect.
- Then move the slider to the desired level to deactivate the noise.