Don’t fancy the iPhone’s standard ringtones? Then just create your own ringtones, or use any music file as a ringtone. Sounds easy. However, Apple really does not make it easy for iPhone users to bring their own ringtones to their phones. Until now, you either had to buy them or sync them awkwardly via iTunes. It’s much easier. Using the free GarageBand apk.
Create and use ringtones with GarageBand directly on iPhone
To use any song as a ringtone quickly and easily, all you need is Apple’s free music app GarageBand. With GarageBand, you can do the following.
1. Start GarageBand and select any instrument, such as the “Keyboard”.
2. To ensure that the ringtone is not too short, you must first increase the number of bars. To do this, tap the small plus sign in the upper right corner…
… and then click “Section A”. Activate the “Automatic” option here and tap Done. This ensures that the GarageBand ringtone is not truncated and is exactly as long as the original song.
3. Tap the track icon at the top left to switch to track view. If the track icon is not visible, tap the red record tone, play a few notes – which don’t matter. and record for a few seconds. Then stop recording again, and then tap the track icon.
4. Then tap the loop icon in the upper right corner.
5. The iTunes library will appear. Select the ringtone song you want. Hold down the song and drag it into the soundtrack. Important: Protected songs cannot be dragged into GarageBand – they appear grayed out in the tracklist. Same for songs that are only stored in the cloud, i.e. not locally on the iPhone.
6. Now you can edit the song in GarageBand and, for example, shorten it, cut out a cutout or add effects. If you had to start a recording in step 2 to display the track icon, delete the first recording track by double-tapping the track and then tapping Delete.
7. To export the song as a ringtone, tap the arrow at the top left and “My Songs” in the open menu.
8. Then tap “Selection”,…
9. In the pop-up menu, tap “Ringtone” and “Done”.
10. In the final step, give the ringtone a suitable name and tap “Export”.
The finished ringtone then appears in the overview of the standard ringtones and can be used immediately. You can also use sound as immediately after exporting to “Use sound as” and then use the finished sound directly as the default ringtone or SMS ringtone or assign it to a contact.